The Farmer Tool Library Coordinator will manage the basic operations of CFAC’s new Farmer Tool Library which is part of CFAC’s Beginning Farmer and Rancher (BFR) Program. The BFR program works to support the development and growth of farm and ranch businesses in Montana and provides resources and support across the state. The Farmer Tool Library Coordinator will work out of the CFAC office in Missoula, MT with some remote work possible, and reports directly to the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Program Director.
- Program Development and Implementation: Work with the BFR Program Director and other CFAC staff to develop and grow CFAC’s new Farmer Tool Library located at CFAC’s office in Missoula.
- Project Management: Manage the weekly operation of the Farmer Tool Library, including: running weekly pickup and drop off times for tools, managing online tool database, helping plan and coordinate workshops, and supporting beginning farmers and ranchers with learning about tools and implements.
- Communications: Clearly communicate via email, phone, and in-person with program partners and CFAC members as needed to support BFR work.
- Basic knowledge and experience with farm tools and equipment (e.g tractors, walk-behind tractors, implements, etc.)
- Open-minded and willing to learn about and work with partners of all backgrounds, identities, and beliefs.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and collaboratively.
- Farming experience and basic knowledge of local agriculture and food systems; Montana ag experience a plus.
- Understanding of and support for CFAC’s vision of a local food & agriculture system.
- Proven ability to engage cooperatively and constructively with a diversity of stakeholders, staff, board members, program participants and volunteers.
- Event planning and implementation experience preferred.
- Travel, evening or weekend work may be required.
- CFAC is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply. This position does not require a college degree; applicable work experience and a strong willingness to learn any of the above skills will be considered. Please reach out to us directly if you have any questions about our qualifications.
This is a part-time position (average of 20 hrs a week), with an hourly wage of $19.50. Benefits include generous holidays, personal and sick leave, as well as health, dental and vision insurance, and matching Health Savings Plan. Position opened until filled, applications reviewed starting January 20th, 2024. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and at least 3 references to email@example.com.