This position is responsible for coordinating logistics and details for CFAC community engagement and fundraising events, creating content for and managing social media and e-news digital communications channels and assisting with creation and execution of some printed marketing materials for general CFAC and specific program needs. Position will work closely with and be supervised by Director of Development and Communications. There is opportunity to grow/advance in this position over time for the right candidate.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits, including generous vacation, holiday, health insurance, and retirement plan. Salary range is $40-$42K D.O.E. CFAC offers the privilege of a 4-day work week and an average of 32 hours per week of work for full-time, salaried positions. The nature of CFAC’s work often requires additional hours outside of the 9-5 office time and sometimes on weekends. The 4-day work week is a way to respect this need for a flexible schedule and provides a more sustainable workload for CFAC employees.
Position to begin Mid to End February.
SUBMIT RESUME, COVER LETTER, 2 MARKETING/EVENT MATERIAL SAMPLES and 3 PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2024.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Event Management (60%)
- Organize, coordinate and execute CFAC’s community engagement and fundraising events, including print and digital marketing materials. Events include:
- Bike to Barns
- Farm to Table Dinner
- U-Pick On Farm Events (two per year)
- Pint Nights
- Community Engagement Events
- Annual LaLonde Celebration event
- Partners on the Plate events
- Equity in the Food System Event Series
- Other events as needed (e.g. Pitchfest)
- Compile, compare and analyze event data to keep track of event success
- Conduct event evaluations with participants and involved staff after each event
- Participate in annual work planning for current and new event ideas with Director of Communications & Development
Digital & Print Marketing (40%)
- Create content for and manage CFAC’s social media accounts (Facebook & Instagram)
- Create content for and manage CFAC’s monthly e-news (there are two)
- Keep CFAC websites updated with current information
- Work with video and photo production contractors to create new video and photo assets for CFAC programs and fundraising needs.
- Assist with creation and execution of CFAC’s Annual Report
- Assist with program-specific marketing material creation as needed.
- Assist with marketing and promotion of local farms and food purveyors – CFAC local food marketing projects change on an annual basis based on farmer/rancher needs.
- Participate in annual work planning for marketing and communications plan and calendar with Director of Communications & Development.
- Must have 2 years or more of events and/or marketing experience
- Confident in representing CFAC in public settings
- Self-starter who feels comfortable working independently and as a team.
- Report to the Communications & Development Director regularly, while maintaining self-direction
- Advanced computer literacy in using digital software for event planning and marketing including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office, social media platforms, e-mail and digital marketing programs. (ex. Canva, Mail Chimp, etc.)
- Able to work some nights and weekends as needed
- Open to occasional travel throughout the state
- Team Player who excels at bringing your best self to the job each day.
- Commitment to diversity and equity both personally and professionally.
- Can demonstrate success working in a hybrid in-person and remote work environment.