Want to help Montana’s beginning farmers grow successful, sustainable businesses? Want to learn about how to develop new resources, plan educational opportunities, host events, and evaluate programs? CFAC is looking for an intern for this fall to assist with a range of projects, including:
- Developing new resources and creating content for a new statewide online clearinghouse with a wide array of information on marketing, financing, and other business management topics for farmers and ranchers
- Planning and promoting a farmer-led, on-farm, field day geared towards farm interns and new farmers in September
- Planning a train-the-trainer event for Small Business Development Center staff and Extension agents from around the state to build expertise on providing assistance to beginning commercial farmers
- Planning and promoting a series of business-oriented workshops for farmers in the Missoula region (workshops will be held in Spring 2016, but planning will take place in Fall 2015)
- Working with a range of partners to develop tools to connect farm and food businesses with investors in Western Montana, including planning the kickoff of the Slow Money Montana group
- Collecting stories from farmers and developing case studies on marketing, financial management, and farm decision-making for use in a statewide business planning curriculum
- Evaluating our 2015 beginning farmer programming, including online and phone outreach and surveys to beginning farmers and program participants
Note: you will not be expected to lead these projects, but will have the opportunity to assist in development and management as appropriate. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to assist with multiple projects. We can offer a $1,000 stipend to applicants able to offer 6-10 hours/week between September and December.
To apply, email email@example.com with your resume and a note on the project(s) in which you’re interested and any additional relevant information not covered in your resume. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis with a planned intern start date of September 1st.