Want to help beginning farmers get started? Learn about how to develop programming, plan educational opportunities, and host events? CFAC is looking for an intern for spring semester to assist with a range of projects, including:
- Hosting topical potlucks for farmers on a variety of issues (see http://cfacmontana.org/farm-school.html for more info)
- Supporting MSU Extension in offering business planning workshops in Bozeman (see http://cfacmontana.org/planning-for-on-farm-success-bozeman.html)
- Planning on-farm field days geared towards farm interns and new farmers for Summer 2015
- Developing opportunities to encourage local investment in farm and food businesses in Western Montana
- Planning development of a statewide FarmLink site to serve as a one-stop clearinghouse for beginning farmers, land access, and internship/mentorship opportunities
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to focus in on one of these projects or assist with multiple projects. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief cover letter outlining the project(s) in which you’re interested and any additional relevant information not covered in your resume. While we are seeking funding for Summer 2015 interns, this internship is currently unpaid. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but it is recommended that they be received by January 30, 2015.